If you’ve spent any time on an airplane, you know that it wreaks havoc on your skin. You start out fresh and looking great, and you arrive at your location dry, wrinkled looking, and dull.
Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are a few tips to care for your skin at 30,000 feet.
What Happens in the Air:
Airplane travel is different than any other travel because of the recycled air surrounding you on the trip and because of the high altitude. Here are a few of the potential effects on your skin:
- Puffy eyes
- Increased risk of environmental stressors
- Increased hormonal damage
Tips for Happy, Fresh Skin Upon Arrival
- Do a moisturising mask the night before travel
- Use a gentle cleanser prior to travelling
- Choose a protective moisturiser
- Forego the foundation
- Apply a moisturiser a few times during your trip
- Limit alcohol and caffeine consumption on the flight
Check out the video below of how beauty blogger Lisa Eldridge prepares herself for long flights.